Looking to remove a short video you uploaded to YouTube? While the process is relatively simple, it can be time-consuming if you have a lot of videos to delete.
This article will explain to you how to remove shorts from YouTube quickly and easily. Keep in mind that deleting your videos will not prevent them from being found online, making them much harder to find.
Let’s get started!
How to Remove a Short Video From YouTube?
There’s no denying that YouTube Shorts has taken the internet by storm. The new feature, which allows users to share short videos, has quickly become one of the most popular ways to consume content on the platform.
But what if you’re not a fan of YouTube Shorts?
It’s pretty simple to remove a video from YouTube. You must log into your account, go to the “My Videos” section, and then click on the “Delete” button next to the video in question.
However, before you delete your videos, you should keep a few things in mind. For starters, once a video is deleted, it cannot be recovered. So if you delete a video by accident or change your mind later, you won’t be able to get it back.
Secondly, if others have viewed your video, they will no longer be able to see it once you delete it. If you want to remove a video but still allow others to view it, you can make it “private” instead of deleting it.
Finally, if your video is part of a playlist, deleting the video will also remove it from the playlist. So if you want to delete a video but keep the playlist intact, you’ll need to remove the video from the playlist first.
With that said, let’s look at how to delete a video from YouTube.
Different Ways to Remove a Short Video From YouTube
Here are a few ways to remove a short video from youtube:
Blocking a Video
If you’re the owner of a short video uploaded to YouTube without your permission, there’s no need to worry. You can easily block the video from being seen by others by following a few simple steps.
- First, sign in to your YouTube account and navigate the “Video Manager” section. Then, locate the video you want to remove and click on the “Edit” button.
- Next, scroll down to the “Content ID Claims” section and click on the “Block this video” option. This will prevent the video from being viewed by anyone else.
- Finally, click on the “Save Changes” button to save your changes. The video will now be blocked and unavailable for viewing.
If you need to remove a short video from YouTube, blocking it is the best way. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that the video is no longer viewable by anyone else.
Deleting a Video
It’s pretty easy to delete a video from your YouTube channel if you decide you don’t want it there anymore. Just follow these simple steps:
- First, sign in to your YouTube account and your channel’s page.
- Click on the Videos tab, find the clip you want to delete, and click on the down arrow next to the Edit button.
- A drop-down menu with the choice to Delete will appear. When you click on it, a window will appear, asking you to verify that you want to remove the video.
- Click the OK button, and the video will be removed from your channel. That’s all there is to it!
If you change your mind and want to undelete a video, you can do that too. Go to your channel’s Videos tab and click on the Undo Delete button next to the clip you want to undelete.
You can also delete multiple videos at once by selecting them all and then clicking on the Delete button.
Reporting a Copyright Infringement
You can report copyright infringement if you have a short video on YouTube that you would like to remove. This will take the video down and may also result in a strike against the user who uploaded it.
- To report a copyright infringement, go to the “Copyright” tab on YouTube’s website. From there, you will need to fill out a form with your contact information and the infringement details.
- YouTube will then investigate, and if they find that the video does infringe on your copyright, they will take it down.
- If you are the copyright holder of a longer video, you can also submit a takedown request to YouTube. This is done through the same “Copyright” tab on YouTube’s website.
- You will need to provide your contact information and the video’s URL. YouTube will review the video, and they will take it down if it infringes on your copyright.
In both cases, the user who uploaded the infringing video may receive a strike against their account.
Disputing a Content ID Claim
Like most people, you probably think that once a video is uploaded to YouTube, it’s there forever. But that’s not necessarily the case. If you have a short video that you would like to remove from YouTube, there is a way to do it by disputing a Content ID claim.
Here’s how it works:
- To dispute a Content ID claim, you will need to contact YouTube and provide them with proof that the video is less than 10 seconds long and does not contain any copyrighted content.
- YouTube will then review the video and make a decision.
- If you are successful in disputing a Content ID claim, the video will be removed from YouTube.
However, if you are unsuccessful, the copyright owner may choose to monetize the video or have it removed from YouTube altogether.
Retracting a Complaint
Most people believe that once they upload something to YouTube, it will remain perpetually. However, this is not always the case. By retracting a complaint, you can have a video removed from YouTube.
- You’ll need to log into your YouTube channel and go to the “My Videos” section. Find the short you want to remove and click on the “Retract” button.
- A confirmation window will appear, questioning you to confirm your choice. When you click “OK,” the video will be deleted from YouTube and will no longer be accessible to anyone.
Keep in mind that this process is not reversible, so make sure you want to remove the video before you take this step.
The Consequences of Removing a Short Video From YouTube
When YouTube first came onto the scene, it was nothing more than a repository for user-generated videos. There were no rules or regulations in place, and anyone could upload anything they wanted.
This Wild West approach to content quickly led to problems, as people began uploading copyrighted material, nudity, and other offensive content. In response to these issues, YouTube began implementing various policies and regulations to keep offensive content off the site.
One of these policies is removing short videos from YouTube, but there are a few consequences of removing a short video from youtube.
When a YouTube video is removed, there are several potential consequences for the person who uploaded it.
The most common consequence is that the user’s account may be suspended or banned from the site. This can happen if YouTube receives multiple complaints about the video or if the video is found to violate community guidelines set by YouTube.
If the video is removed for copyright reasons, the user may also be subject to legal action from the copyright holder. In some cases, YouTube may also demonetize the user’s account, meaning they will no longer be able to earn money from their videos.
Finally, removing a video can also lead to negative feedback from other users, damaging the user’s reputation on the site.
How to Turn Off Youtube Shorts
Like most people, you probably watch a lot of YouTube. And if you’re like most people, you probably also hate YouTube Shorts.
YouTube Shorts is the company’s new short-form video feature that makes it easy for users to create 15-second videos. The problem is that these videos are often low quality, cluttering up the YouTube experience for everyone.
If you’re one of the many people who aren’t fans of YouTube Shorts, there’s good news – you can disable them! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to turn off youtube shorts.
- Open the YouTube app on your desktop and sign in.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner and select “Settings.”
- In the left sidebar, select “General.”
- Scroll down to the “Restrictions” section and toggle off the “YouTube Shorts” setting.
And that’s it! You will no longer see YouTube Shorts on your feed or in your recommendations. If you want to enable them again, follow the same steps and toggle the setting back on.
Check out, How Much Is A YouTube Play Button Worth
Additional Tips and Tricks for Disabling Youtube Shorts
Like most people, you probably find Youtube Shorts somewhat annoying. Whether it’s the fact that they are autoplay or that they’re often nothing more than recycled content, they can be a real pain to deal with.
Thankfully, there are a few ways to disable Youtube Shorts and make your life easier.
Use an Ad Blocker
One of the best ways to disable Youtube Shorts is to use an ad blocker. Ad blockers can prevent Shorts from loading altogether, so you won’t have to see them again.
Delete the YouTube Shorts app
If you’re not a fan of YouTube Shorts, the best way to get rid of it is to delete the app entirely. This will prevent further updates from being installed on your device and free up some storage space.
Use a Different YouTube App
Several alternative YouTube apps are available, many of which don’t include the Shorts feature. Try one of these alternatives if you’re not keen on using the official app.
Use a VPN
If you can’t stand YouTube Shorts, using a VPN could be an excellent way to avoid them. This will block the Shorts feature from being accessible, although it’s worth noting that this may also affect your ability to watch other YouTube videos.
Sign Out of Your Account
If you’re not signed in to your YouTube account, you won’t be able to access the Shorts feature. This means you’ll still be able to watch YouTube videos as usual, but you won’t be able to create or view any Shorts.
Disable the Feature in Your Account Settings
If you’re signed in to your YouTube account, you can disable the Shorts feature by going to your account settings. This will prevent you from accessing the Shorts feature, but you’ll still be able to watch YouTube videos as usual.
How Do I Stop YouTube Shorts’ Suggestions?
Is there anything more annoying than YouTube Shorts suggesting videos you have no interest in watching? Like most people, you probably find the whole concept of YouTube Shorts incredibly frustrating. Here’s how to stop YouTube Shorts’ suggestions once and for all!
Go to the YouTube settings page in a matter of clicking. Click on three lines at the top left corner, then scroll down until you see options for privacy; Clear Watch History or Browsing Data as desired!
This will stop YouTube Shorts from suggesting videos based on your past watch and search history. If you want to be extra sure that YouTube Shorts doesn’t suggest any videos you don’t want to watch, you can also clear your watch and search history. To do this, go back to the “History & Privacy” page in the YouTube app and tap on “Clear History.”
With these steps, you’ll never have to see another unwanted YouTube Short again!
Our Final Thoughts
So there you have it—three ways to remove shorts from YouTube without any software or special tools. If you’re ever in a bind and need to get rid of those pesky little clips, now you know how! Did we miss anything? Do you know of another way to do this? Let us know in the comments below. And as always, stay tuned for more useful tips and tricks.
You may also like:
- How Much Does YouTube Sponsorship Pay?
- How Do Artists Get Paid on YouTube?
- YouTube Channel Ideas for Students in the USA
I am Hannah, an online entrepreneur based in New York, United States. As the founder of several successful niche websites, I got the expertise in areas such as making money online, blogging, YouTube, affiliate marketing, and more. Through this website and blog posts, I am trying to provide insightful and actionable tips to help aspiring entrepreneurs, find ways to make money online. Read more.